SideSlide – This piece of software has a portability option available in the installation procedure. Therefore, you can save SideSlide on a removable device (e.g., USB flash drive), store it on any computer, and directly run its executable file. In this case, You can find no items on the hard drive or in the Windows Registry after app removal. Moreover, you can always have SideSlide with you when you’re on the move.
The program’s interface is based on a stylish layout where you can lock/unlock the workspace for editing, as well as shrink/expand and fold/unfold all containers. By opening the context menu, you can access a wide range of features. SideSlide allows the creation of containers (file or directory shortcuts, web URL, system command), folder containers, RSS news feeds, notes, reminders, and pictures.
Each of these elements can be detached from the workspace area and includes its own set of configurable settings. For instance, you can submit an RSS news feed, note, and shortcut containers to a library, start slideshows from pictures and choose container icons.
Overview of SideSlide Features
- Instantly accessible and adjustable workspace that stays out of your way until you need it
- Add multiple shortcuts, commands, URLs, RSS news feeds, pictures, reminders and notes
- RSS news feed functionality allows you to track what you are interested in the most
- Keep your eyes on multiple picture slideshows that are easily added
- Floating, colorful notes are quickly created and adjusted in bulk or separately
- Shortcuts can be tagged for additional functionality and organization
- Various ways of launching multiple shortcuts with a single click
- Fancy special effects that don’t slow you down
- Comes with multiple themes and wallpapers and you can also define your own style
- Supports portable setup and the ability to load objects from a relative path